If disc golf is new to you, or if you just want to brush up on things a bit, this post is for YOU!
This is the Daddy Disc Golf Beginner's Guide, which includes everything you need to know if you are new to the sport of Disc Golf. We all have to start out as the newb, better to get a general idea of things beFOREHAND (pun intended, you will get that joke later) - so check out these resources we've pulled together for all the beginners out there!
All Things Disc Flight
Dynamic Discs created this informative youtube video to explain the basics of disc flight and it is a great watch for every beginner:
Dynamic Discs list of top 5 common beginner mistakes:
We'll leave the putting tips up to Simon:
- Remain silent and avoid all unnecessary movements while someone is throwing
- Always stand behind the player who is throwing until their throw is completed.
- Retrieve your disc after its lands in the basket
- Allow faster groups to "play through" whenever possible.
- Pack it in, pack it out - DO NOT LEAVE TRASH
- Do not alter the course in any way, other than removing debris
- If you find a disc with a name and number - do your part to return it to it's rightful owner - karma may help you get a lost disc of your own back!
- Respect other players and help Grow The Sport
- Aviar, Leopard, Polecat, Manta, Stingray, Skeeter, & Mamba
- Deputy, EMAC Truth, Escape, Diamond, Jade, Renegade, River
- Crave, Drift, Inspire, Pilot, Proxy, Spin, & Signal
- Apx, AvengerSS, Buzzz, Comet, CrankSS, Heat, Magnet, & Roach
- Essence, FD, Fox Spirit, MD, P1 or P2, & Spring OX
Still have questions? Reach out - we are here to help!
You can send us a message through the website, on facebook/instagram or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org - We are here and happy to help!